Update May 21, 2014:
After studying our questionnaires, going to forums, meeting candidates and asking tough questions, we asked you -- our members -- who you wanted to endorse for Governor.
Don Berwick surpassed the 60% threshold to receive the endorsement, receiving over 70% of the vote. In a contest with four other candidates seeking endorsement, this is a remarkable achievement, and illustrates how Berwick has the power to reach and inspire voters.
We know that right now is the time to use grassroots organizing to influence the debate. While citizens like you have been paying close attention, there are many of our friends and neighbors who are not thinking about a general election, let alone a primary.
Over the next months, we will be working with volunteer grassroots organizers to hold canvasses to start telling our communities about Berwick’s terrific, progressive platform. We know that an hour on one weekend in May is worth 10 or more volunteer hours on election day -- so please become part of the team.
(endorsement questionnaire, by topic)
- Part A: Jobs and the Economy
- Part B: Education and Workforce Development
- Part C: Healthcare
- Part D: Housing
- Part E: Revenue and Taxation
- Section I/IV: "About the Candidates" / final comments
PDFs - download, print, share at events:
ALL CANDIDATES' RESPONSES
- PDF/omnibus: full questionnaire/all candidates' responses
- PDF/Section I/IV: "About the Candidates" / final comments
- PDF/Part A: Jobs and the Economy, all candidates' responses
- PDF/Part B: Education and Workforce Development
- PDF/Part C: Healthcare
- PDF/Part D: Housing
- PDF/Part E: Revenue and taxation
ORIGINAL SUBMISSIONS FROM CANDIDATES
OTHER RESOURCES: VIDEO - GOVERNOR'S FORUM, PROGRESSIVE MASS POLICY CONFERENCE, APRIL 2014
- MAIN VIDEO PAGE: progressivemass.com/govforumvideo
Segments by topic
OMNIBUS VIDEO (1:40; edited/organized by topic)
Let's make this campaign season about our progressive values. Share these resources, with attribution, and amplify progressives' voices, questions and priorities this campaign season.
SOURCE CITE: progressivemass.com/2014statewide, Feb. 2014
[back to 2014 Endorsement Main page]