The election is over and progressives throughout the state are celebrating – and enjoying a brief respite. But activists and organizers across the Commonwealth say they are anxious to stay involved. They want to see the results of the election mean something – in Washington and on Beacon Hill.
In between elections comes the hard part-–actually governing. “Politics” and ideas become actual legislation-–or not. An organized grassroots -–so important and influential in campaigns-– can also be a powerful force in affecting legislation.
Help make our victories mean something. See if there’s a meeting in your area (more are coming!)–and if there isn’t, host one in your community – fill out the form below!
BEFORE THE MEETING:
Review the Agenda and Print Out Materials:
- Sign-in sheet
- Meeting Agenda:
- About Progressive Massachusetts
- Our Agenda for 2013
- Take Action
- Compact for True Comonwealth
Campaign for Our Communities
- An Act to Invest in Our Community Fact Sheet
AFTER THE SESSION:
- Email your attendees any notes and follow-ups from meeting, including the link to the web-version of the “Take Action” hand-out: [http://progma.us/uptousACTIONS]
- Be in touch with Progressive Mass organizers to share how it went and discuss what’s next!
OTHER UP TO US POSTS
- Turn Election Results into Action
- Now What? Bending the Arc
- Time for Bold Vision from MA Leaders
- Event Listings
- Needham’s Meeting: Ideals Aren’t Enough; We’re Taking Action