This is a web version of the hand-out you received at one of the “It’s Up to Us” election debrief/celebration meetings, Dec 2012-Jan 2013.
Thank you for keeping the momentum of 2012 going! By meeting with fellow progressives to organize and strategize for the coming year, we are building a long-term grassroots infrastructure, which is necessary to effect the change we want to see. We have a long arc to bend, and we are in this for the long haul! We have identified a few actions you can take in the near term:
Grow the progressive grassroots
Get connected and amplify the progressive message
We are stronger when we work together
- Sign up for Progressive Mass emails – http://progma.us/joinprogma — we send out occasional emails with important information and calls to time-sensitive actions. We won’t share your address, and you can unsubscribe any time.
- Like us on Facebook –facebook.com/ProgressiveMass
- Follow us on Twitter –twitter.com/progressivemass
- “Like,” share and Re-tweet our content!
Reach out to others
- Host your own “It’s Up to Us” meeting – contact us to get started – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a blog entry – tell us how you are building your organization and what you care about. Email us at email@example.com to share your views.
Join the Campaign for Our Communities
We must tell our elected officials that our communities need more revenue and more investment if we are to thrive. It is important to enlist our friends and neighbors in this effort.
What you can do:
- Sign a postcard provided by Campaign for Our Communities or send a letter/email to your elected officials
- Organize a meeting with your State Rep or Senator– a small delegation is best. Tell them we need more revenue. Let us know when you reach out and if you get any response, so we can better advocate in the future!
- Organize house parties or canvasses to tell your neighbors about the Campaign – walk lists available from Progressive Mass
- Write a letter to the editor for your local paper – advocate for more local aid
Make a difference in Massachusetts
Help us seize the opportunity opened by the 2012 election. The message of the election is loud and clear: The people of Massachusetts said that it’s time to invest to create jobs and opportunity for the middle class and for people striving to enter the middle class. And we must translate this mandate into reality at the state level, here in Massachusetts.
How you can help:
- Tell us what you think of our draft Compact for a True Commonwealth – http://progma.us/compact1
- Circulate The Compact for A True Commonwealth to your network with an email announcing your support.
- Organize house parties or canvasses to tell your neighbors about the Compact, our values and goals. Walk lists available from Progressive Mass
- Learn more at our True Commonwealth Conference – details will be posted soon at our website